Simon's weather forecasting skills failed (again) as the Captain's Weekend competitions were sadly hit by very poor weather. Main impact was in substantially reduced field sizes and a lot of very wet feet, but those that did play and attended the excellent evening buffet & presentations all reported how much they had enjoyed the company of playing with friends & guests alike, the halfway house being a special highlight with a fantastic selection of homemade cakes & savoury treats.
I'm sure all Members & Guests join me in thanking Simon & Karen for their amazing efforts in pretty dire playing conditions, and also to thank our brilliant greenkeeping staff for continuing to deliver our course in such great condition. I noticed a number of other local clubs had major events on yesterday and some of these were cancelled due to course conditions, something you pretty much never hear said at SRGC!!
Gents Captain's Day Medal winners :-
- Division #1 (30 players)
- 1st place : Steve Greenfield 70 - 4 = 66 nett
- 2nd place : Martin Harvey 76 - 7 = 69 nett (back 9 c/b)
- 3rd place : Tom Greenfield 79 - 10 = 69 nett (back 9 c/b)
- Best gross not winning another prize : Robin Harris 75 gross
- Division #2 (25 players)
- 1st place : Charlie Aspden 89 - 18 = 71 nett
- 2nd place : Peter Brewill 85 - 13 = 72 nett (back 9 c/b)
- 3rd place : Matt Brewill 98 - 26 = 72 nett
The 2s club on Sunday was run as a combined Ladies & Gents competition with 2 Ladies & 8 Gents recording a 2, so they share the winnings which will be allocated to their competition wallets.
Thanks again to Simon & Karen, greenkeeping staff, numerous helpers over the weekend, Angus & his staff and of course our hardworking catering staff led by Cris & Lis.
Handicap & Competitions Chairman