A typical autumnal day with reasonable weather and medium strength winds for the last Gents competition of the regular season saw 89 players competing for the Coronation Cup. Often in a Par-Bogey the course seems to triumph with few players coming in with "+" figures. but last Sunday 14 players beat the course and a back 9 countback between the two Divisions was needed to find the trophy winner, Chris Cockerton.
I must commend Gareth & his team for all their amazing efforts throughout 2020, our course has never looked so good and played as consistently well as it has done since we restarted golf after lockdown. Their work is never complete, the autumn leaves need collecting now along with tee, fairway & greens maintenance activities in preparation for no doubt heavy traffic throughout the winter. Please give them a smile and a wave as they pass and never endanger them if they are working near where your ball may land. Thank you!!
Winning scores :-
- Overall winner : Chris Cockerton +4 (back 9 c/b) playing off 14
- Best gross : Adam Footitt +3
- Division #1 (53 players)
- 1st place nett : Adam Footitt +4 playing off 1
- 2nd place nett : Don Pennycook +3 (back 9 c/b) playing off 7
- 3rd place nett : Paul Knapp +3 playing off 6
- Division #2 (36 players)
- 1st place nett : Chris Cockerton +4 (back 9 c/b) playing off 14
- 2nd place nett : Dale South +4 playing off 17
- 3rd place nett : Peter Smith +3 playing off 15
The 2s club was shared by 18 players but Steve Greenfield & Paul Knapp both had a pair of 2s so the pot was split into 20 shares each worth £4.40.
Handicap & Competitions Chairman