Another fabulous day for golf with 66 players entering the Par-Bogey competition. Sadly, 5 players had to be disqualified as they didn't enter any gross scores on their card, just a plus, zero or minus against each hole. Whilst it's not necessary to hole out on every hole and a simple minus will suffice there, in order to get a zero or plus you must show the gross score.
It was a very welcome return to the winners enclosure for Martin Harvey, leading the way in Division 1 on +4, well done Martin. Two players, Paul Winstanley & Clive Breedon both returned scores of +5 in Division 2, excellent scoring indeed.
Winning scores :-
- Overall winner : Paul Winstanley +5 nett back 9 c/b, playing off 24
- Best gross : Andrew Watson -3 gross playing off 6
- Division 1 (29 players)
- 1st place nett : Martin Harvey +4 nett playing off 9
- 2nd place nett : Andrew Watson +3 nett back 9 c/b, playing off 6
- 3rd place nett : Tom Greenfield +3 nett back 6 c/b
- Division 2 (37 players)
- 1st place nett : Paul Winstanley +5 nett back 9 c/b, playing off 24
- 2nd place nett : Clive Breedon +5 nett playing off 18
- 3rd place nett : Martin Kerry +4 nett playing off 20
The 2s club had 64 entries, with 6 separate winners including John Payling receiving a double share for his eagle 2 on 13, all shares of £9.14 each have been paid into winner's competition wallets this evening.
Easter Weekend continues with a Mixed Medal for the Discoll Shephard Cup on Sunday, and a fourball betterball for teams of any combination on Monday.
Handicap & Competitions Chairman