Junior Fun & Presentation Night 2019
The Juniors at Stoke Rochford GC have had a very competitive year and a very successful one!
A number of the Juniors featured in a number of Club events this year, they have had their own club championship, their own knockout events, and the pinnacle event this year was certainly the League events.
Having won their area league, and then winning the South Lincs Final at Spalding it was a great achievement to go to the Junior County Final at Ashby Decoy, Scunthorpe to Play against Woodhall Spa.
Following some remarkable golf on the day the Stoke Rochford GC Juniors won the Match 2.5 - .5.
As a final "chill" to the end of the season the Junior Fun & Presentation Night took place on Saturday 9th Nov, where the Trophies were presented to the Knockout winners and Club Championship winners.
The putting games in the clubhouse get as competitive as they can, and honours of bragging rights for a year as champion of the putting games.
Winners of Trophies were:-
Staite Cup 1st Josh Green 2nd Max Braime
Rose Vase 1st Laura Harvey
Tocher Trophy 1st Josh Green 2nd Max Braime
Jack Leaton (scratch Cup) 1st Ollie Brewill 2nd Laura Harvey
Imp Trophy 1st Hattie Dow 2nd Laura Harvey
Goldsborough Bowl 1st Josh & Gavin Green 2nd Hattie & Angus Dow
Most Improved Player
Watson Trophy - Max Braime
Xmas Better Ball - Friday 6th December 2019
Entries are being taken for the X Mas Better Ball Competition.
Friday 6th December 2019
Pairs Better Ball Stableford off 90% Handicap.
Open to:- Max Handicaps:- Mens 28, Ladies 36
Entry form and contact details can be found here:-
Gents Winter Competition Week #1 Results
Twenty five pairs entered with very difficult conditions for most of those playing on Saturday.
For the avoidance of doubt under poor weather conditions please note that you may ONLY split your round across both days under the following conditions :-
- On Saturday
- The course becomes unplayable but later that day it IS playable AND you resume your round BUT are unable to complete it due to darkness OR
- The course becomes UNPLAYABLE AND REMAINS UNPLAYABLE for the rest of the day
- Note that if the course becomes playable again on Saturday you MUST make an effort to complete your round on Saturday
- If either of the above conditions occurs you may restart your round on Sunday but
- When restarting you MUST restart from the exact position you finished on Saturday (no practising on the course & you must play all holes in the correct sequence)
- This involves "cutting in" so you also MUST respect other players out on the course and ONLY cut in where there is ample time to do so without impacting those other players regardless of whether they are playing in the Winter Competition or not
Winning scores :-
- 1st place nett : Tom Greenfield & Niall Doubleday 45 points
- 2nd place nett : Paul Knapp & Steve Cullington 44 points
- 3rd place nett : Simon Mulvey & Dave Bostock 43 points (back 9 c/b)
- 4th place nett : Peter Smith & Martin Harvey 43 points
Full results can be seen here I will publish the league table after the 2nd week's competition.
Next round is on 16th & 17th November, Betterball Medal.
Handicap & Competitions Chairman