Gents Spring Open Results (AM Individual Medal only)
Almost 200 players entered one or both of the AM Medal & PM Greensomes Medal Open competitions, played in glorious conditions during the earlier part of the day but finishing with very dark clouds, sporadically heavy rain and the occasional distant flash of lightning.
Our course had been wonderfully prepared by Gareth and his small team, with many comments received on the day and via social media about the excellent conditions. Cris, Lis & their staff kept veryone very well fed and watered despite only being able to use the marquee & patio area. JB & Hannah in the Pro Shop were busy with buggy rentals throughout the day and keeping a close eye on the weather warning equipment.
A special thank you to our volunteer Starters, Course & Clubhouse Marshalls for keeping everyone safe and play moving along at a reasonable pace for such a large field of mainly Visitors & Members.
AM Individual Medal Winners :-
- McCorquodale Cup (Gross)
- Winner : Michael Green (Belton Park GC) 70
- 2nd : Darren Kirton (College Pines GC) 71
- 3rd : R Foster (Norwood Park GC) 73 (back 9 c/b)
- 4th : Ian Braime (SRGC) 73
- 5th : Lee Molloy (Norwood Park GC) 74 (back 6 c/b)
- Full Gross results can be seen here
- Elms Cup (Nett)
- Winner : Michael Green (Belton Park GC) 70 - 3 = 67 nett
- Trophy only as a player may only win 1 prize voucher
- 2nd : Brian White (SRGC) 81 - 13 = 68 nett
- Receives 1st place voucher
- 3rd : Martin Harvey (SRGC) 77 - 8 = 69 nett (back 9 c/b)
- Receives 2nd place voucher
- 4th : Simon Mulvey (SRGC) 79 - 10 = 69 nett (back 6 c/b)
- Receives 3rd place voucher
- 5th : David Bywater (Birstall GC) 75 - 6 = 69 nett
- Receives 4th place voucher
- 6th : Carl Manton (SRGC) 85 - 15 = 70 nett
- Received 5th place voucher
- Full Nett results can be seen here
Visitors who won a prize will have an account opened in their name in the Pro Shop to the value of their voucher, please contact James on 01476-530218 for information on how to redeem. Member's prizes will be paid into their own Pro Shop account.
Unfortunately the PM Greensomes results cannot be published yet as there is an error in the report generation process, our software vendor assures me this will be fixed as soon as possible!
We look forward to seeing many of you at future Open events at SRGC, details for 2021 competitions can be seen here.
SRGC H&C Chairman
Extra Stableford Results
An eventful day as James Delplanque had a hole in 1 on the 17th and Nathan Brewster beat 107 other players in his first competition at SRGC to win the Overall Prize with a stunning 43 points playing off 18.
Prize Voucher Distribution, Winners & 2s club info :-
A very busy few days of competition coming up :-
- Sunday 16th : Gents Spring Open (completely full, course closed until approx 16:00)
- Tuesday 18th : Summer Series Open Rollup #1
- Wednesday 19th : Midweek Stableford
- Saturday 22nd : Medal
- Sunday 23rd : Jubilee Quaich Texas Scramble
- Teams of 4 ideally but you can play with fewer if you wish to, open to Gents & Ladies
- Handicaps are 25% + 20% + 15% + 10% of your Course Handicap from lowest to highest handicapper
- Scorecard printer cannot be used, the Pro Shop can enter all player names while you wait to calculate the team handicap for you if you ask nicely
The Clubhouse opens for relatively normal access from Monday but please continue to follow appropriate COVID-19 guidelines at all times and remember that whilst you may be totally comfortable embracing people, some may not welcome it at this time so respect other's wishes.
Monthly Medal Results
Finally some warmer weather and plenty of much needed rain brought a nice green tinge to fairways & greens that had been looking quite bare for weeks. Gareth and his team are probably sleeping a little easier now as the unsettled weather will continue for a few more days and we'll start to see the much needed growth across the whole course including of course the meadow rough which will start to gobble up wayward shots soon.
Winners, Prize Distribution Vouchers & 2s Club :-
On Saturday 15th we have an Extra Stableford before the Gents Spring Open on Sunday 16th. As of this minute there is space for 1 pair to enjoy the PM Greensomes starting at 13:10, if anyone would like to play please contact me asap (even individuals as I could pair you up if needed).
Bank Holiday Stableford Results
Some very poor conditions later on limited the field to 63 entries but didn't stop some great scores from being recorded. I received a few messages about the Gents handicaps having an extra shot applied to them, this was due to it being a Mixed competition played from two separate teeing areas, so WHS adjusts for the different Course & Slope Ratings meaning Gents received an extra shot compared to the Ladies. Sorry Ladies but that's how the system works.
Winners, Prize Distribution & 2s Club :-
Don't forget to check the diary for competitions over the next few weeks remembering that the Jubilee Quaich Texas Scramble on 23rd June needs teams of 4 ideally, you can enter with less players if you wish but no extra allowance is given for 3 players. Please enter your teams on the list in the Pro Shop.
President's Shield Results
Everyone's favourite format (??) the Par-Bogey was in use on Sunday for the President's Shield when 91 players entered, a good turnout on a traditionally quieter Bank Holiday weekend.
I'll take the opportunity to remind players that in Par-Bogey competitions you may have "lost the hole" when you reach a nett bogey score but ideally you should play at least 1 more shot to try and complete the hole as for handicapping purposes a nett double bogey will be recorded if you don't complete the hole e.g. on the 1st for example if you receive a shot and leave your 5th shot a few inches from the hole you have now "lost the hole" but better to putt out and record a 6 as failing to do so will result in a 7 being recorded by WHS.
Winners, Prize Distribution & 2s Club :-
Recent Ladies Results
Wednesday 28th April - Stableford
- 1st place nett : Jackie Witten 39 points
- 2nd place nett : Linda Barclay 37 points
- 3rd place nett : Susan Taylor 36 points
Saturday 1st May - Bursnall Cup
- 1st place nett : Leven Li 35 points (back 9 c/b)
- 2nd place nett : Sheila Dugmore 35 points
- 3rd place nett : Lynn Ewart 34 points (back 9 c/b)