Almost 200 players entered one or both of the AM Medal & PM Greensomes Medal Open competitions, played in glorious conditions during the earlier part of the day but finishing with very dark clouds, sporadically heavy rain and the occasional distant flash of lightning.
Our course had been wonderfully prepared by Gareth and his small team, with many comments received on the day and via social media about the excellent conditions. Cris, Lis & their staff kept everyone very well fed and watered despite only being able to use the marquee & patio area. JB & Hannah in the Pro Shop were busy with buggy rentals throughout the day and keeping a close eye on the weather warning equipment.
A special thank you to our volunteer Starters, Course & Clubhouse Marshalls for keeping everyone safe and play moving along at a reasonable pace for such a large field of mainly Visitors.
AM Individual Medal Winners :-
- McCorquodale Cup (Gross)
- Winner : Michael Green (Belton Park GC) 70
- 2nd : Darren Kirton (College Pines GC) 71
- 3rd : R Foster (Norwood Park GC) 73 (back 9 c/b)
- 4th : Ian Braime (SRGC) 73
- 5th : Lee Molloy (Norwood Park GC) 74 (back 6 c/b)
- Full Gross results can be seen here
- Elms Cup (Nett)
- Winner : Michael Green (Belton Park GC) 70 - 3 = 67 nett
- Trophy only as a player may only win 1 prize voucher
- 2nd : Brian White (SRGC) 81 - 13 = 68 nett
- Receives 1st place voucher
- 3rd : Martin Harvey (SRGC) 77 - 8 = 69 nett (back 9 c/b)
- Receives 2nd place voucher
- 4th : Simon Mulvey (SRGC) 79 - 10 = 69 nett (back 6 c/b)
- Receives 3rd place voucher
- 5th : David Bywater (Birstall GC) 75 - 6 = 69 nett
- Receives 4th place voucher
- 6th : Carl Manton (SRGC) 85 - 15 = 70 nett
- Receives 5th place voucher
- Full Nett results can be seen here
Visitors who won a prize will have an account opened in their name in the Pro Shop to the value of their voucher, please contact James on 01476-530218 for information on how to redeem. Member's prizes will be paid into their own Pro Shop account.
Unfortunately the PM Greensomes results cannot be published yet as there is an error in the report generation process, our software vendor assures me this will be fixed as soon as possible!
We look forward to seeing many of you at future Open events at SRGC, details for 2021 competitions can be seen here.
SRGC H&C Chairman