Ninety seven entries spread across the 3 pieces of silverware comprising the Hamilton (0-10), Middleman (11-15) & Bland (16-28) Cups, the course was in fantastic condition and with reasonably calm weather some great scores were recorded.
We don't award an overall winner in this competition, but Adam Footitt's gross 66 playing off a handicap of 1 to win the Hamilton Cup was the best score of the day and means that he is now a scratch player, well done Adam that's a great achievement. Tom Younghusband continues his excellent form with a nett 67 to win the Middleman Cup, meriting another General Play reduction, his 2nd in 2 weeks, whilst George McCartney won the Bland Cup with his fine nett 66.
Winning scores :-
- Hamilton Cup (33 players)
- 1st place nett : Adam Footitt 66 - 1 = 65
- 2nd place nett : Niall Doubleday 71 - 5 = 66
- 3rd place nett : Roger Eveleigh 77 - 9 = 68
- Middleman Cup (39 players)
- 1st place nett : Tom Younghusband 81 - 14 = 67
- 2nd place nett : Greg Ewart 82 - 14 = 68
- 3rd place nett : Andy Glencross 81 - 12 = 69 (back 9 c/b)
- Bland Cup (25 players)
- 1st place nett : George McCartney 89 - 23 = 66 (back 9 c/b)
- 2nd place nett : Matt Brewill 89 - 23 = 66
- 3rd place nett : Kevin Hyland 98 - 29 = 70 (back 9 c/b)
The 2s club was shared by 7 players with Brian Ayto winning a double share for his eagle on the 13th.
Handicap & Competitions Chairman