Seventy six players competed in the 2nd Midweek Stableford in July. I'm not sure what Darren Crosby had for breakfast, but we all need something similar as he came in with 47 points, remarkable scoring indeed. His round included 4 nett eagles at the 1st, 4th, 8th & 10th holes by which time he'd already amassed 31 points!! His handicap has been reduced by 4.1 down to 19.2 and his next couple of competitions will be watched with interest to see if the good form continues.
Winning scores :-
- Overall winner : Darren Crosby 47 points playing off 23
- Best gross : Sam Austin 28 points
- Division #1 (20 players)
- 1st place nett : Harry Gibbons 40 points nett playing off 11
- 2nd place nett : Sam Austin 38 points nett playing off 9
- 3rd place nett : Stephen Major 36 points nett (back 6 c/b) playing off 12
- Division #2 (56 players)
- 1st place nett : Darren Crosby 47 points nett playing off 23
- 2nd place nett : Rob Booth 40 points nett playing off 17
- 3rd place nett : Rob Gibbons 38 points nett playing off 15
Only 4 x 2s were recorded, one of which was by a player who didn't enter the 2s club, so 3 people share £65 meaning £21.67 has been paid in to their competition wallets.
Handicap & Competitions Chairman