Fifty five players enjoyed warm conditions in the first Midweek Stableford in July. Three scores of 39 points were returned, one from Division #1 being Andy Croft which just beat Stephen Major from Division #2 on a back 9 countback, Stephen also just beating Glyn Staines on a back 9 countback.
Winning scores :-
- Overall winner : Andy Croft 39 points (back 9 c/b) playing off 7
- Best gross : Andy Croft 32 points
- Division #1 (17 players)
- 1st place nett : Andy Croft 39 points playing off 7
- 2nd place nett : Harry Stannard 37 points playing off 9
- 3rd place nett : Brian White 35 points playing off 10
- Division #2 (38 players)
- 1st place nett : Stephen Major 39 points (back 9 c/b) playing off 13
- 2nd place nett : Glyn Staines 39 points playing off 14
- 3rd place nett : Phil Hewes 37 points playing off 19
The 2s club saw 10 x 2s recorded, a tribute to our greenkeeping staff for getting the course into fabulous condition, meaning a relatively low payout of £4.30 has gone into those member's competition wallets.
Note that prize vouchers for this competition will be available for presentation this Friday at the Captain's Open Evening which will start at 20:00 or possible a few minutes later due to many of the prize winners playing in the Elsham Foursomes at SRGC, good luck to them in their matches.
Handicap & Competitions Chairman