The club are looking to arrange a short series of 5 nine hole qualifying competitions to be run on TUESDAY evenings during the summer months. The nominated dates are :
9th and 30th June,
14th and 28th July and
18th August. The tee will be available for booking between 6.00 and 7.45pm.
It is hoped this will provide all members with additional opportunities for returning qualifying scores and at the same time, play with different people than they would do in normal club competitions.
The format for the 9 hole qualifying competitions is Stableford with a “neutral” 18 points for the nine un-played holes being added to the 9 hole Stableford score.
The club has applied to England Golf for a registered 9 hole qualifying course, based on holes 1-4 and 14-18. England Golf has responded by rating the course for Gents as a par of 72 and SSS 73. For Ladies, the par is 76 and SSS 75. A different scorecard will be used for these competitions as the Standard Scratch Score and Stroke Indexes are different than the normal course.
These competitions are open to all members - Gents, Ladies and Juniors, although (due to having to adhere to CONGU regulations) it will not be a qualifier for category 1 players (0-5.4) and a category 2 player may not be cut to category 1 when playing in one of these competitions.
There will be a £1.50 entry fee for each competition and 3 prizes will be paid for each event. First prize 50% of entry pot, second prize 33% and third prize 17%.
How to enter and play a 9 hole event.........
1. Book your tee time in ADVANCE via the Pro Shop. Play will be in 3 balls.
2. Collect a 9 hole Gents or Ladies scorecard from the Pro Shop and pay entry fee.
3. Using the Gents or Ladies Handicap / SSS conversion table held in the Pro Shop, calculate how many strokes you will receive using
your EXACT HANDICAP ( ie 16.6) and enter the shots allowance on the card.
4. On completion of your Stableford round enter your score for the nine holes played on the computer.
5. Results will be confirmed on the website within 2 to 3 days.
It is hoped the events prove to be popular and will become a permanent feature of the competition fixture list.