A large field of 101 entered the Pheasant Cup played on our course that continues to be in excellent condition with the recent damper weather and aeration of greens, thank you to the Greens staff led by Gareth for all their efforts. Please respect both our course and the hard work they put in by repairing pitchmarks even if they're not your own.
The fine weather encouraged some excellent scores with Andrew Watson showing everyone else how it's done by returning a gross 71, nett 65 to win the Pheasant Cup. Harry Gibbons in 2nd place earned an Exceptional Scoring Reduction when combined with his great score last weekend to take him to 5.5c, the 2nd player in a week to be on the brink of Category 1 status.
Winning scores :-
- Overall winner : Andrew Watson 71 - 6 = 65
- Best gross : Ian Braime 70
- Division #1 (57 players)
- 1st place nett : Andrew Watson 71 - 6 = 65
- 2nd place nett : Harry Gibbons 74 - 7 = 67
- 3rd place nett : Antony Dawson 78 - 10 = 68
- Division #2 (44 players)
- 1st place nett : Dan Cresswell 94 - 27 = 67 (back 9 c/b)
- 2nd place nett : Chris Cockerton 85 - 18 = 67
- 3rd place nett : Ian Thomas 83 - 15 = 68 (back 9 c/b)
Looking at the 2s club there were 14 x 2s scored with 10 of them coming on the 12th hole! Winners each receive £7.07 in their competition wallets.
Next weekend is Captains Weekend when James & Mags will be working hard to keep you entertained with an Individual Stableford on Saturday and a Best 2 from 4 Am-Am on Sunday. Please support them in both competitions if you possibly can by entering and buying raffle tickets to raise funds for their charities.
Handicap & Competitions Chairman