Adam Footitt, winner of the Charles Leverett Cup & Jim Butler Cup for Best Gross & Best Nett scores Click to view all 7 images...
Ollie Wright from Ramsey GC, winner of the Best Nett prize
Ollie Wright from Ramsey GC offered generous thanks on behalf of the visitors for a fantastic day at Stoke Rochford GC
Seventy two players, the maximum we can accommodate for this event, entered todays Gents 36 Hole Summer Open Individual Medal and there were numerous favourable comments throughout the day from Visitors especially about the high quality of the course and the catering making for a most enjoyable day. Many thanks to Gareth Austin and his very small team of greenkeeping staff and of course to Cris & Lis and their staff for the high standard of catering in the clubhouse, also to Viv Cairns who as always provided numerous refreshments at the halfway house.
The competition was fierce with relatively modest scores in the morning resulting in the CSS for Visitors going up to 74 with reductions only, but improved scores in the afternoon round meant CSS was 73 for Visitors. CSS for SRGC Members was 71 for both rounds. Prizes were presented by SRGC Captain Simon Mulvey, photos to follow later.
Winning scores (no one can win more than one prize so various adjustments are necessary) :-
- 36 hole competition
- Gross results
- Charles Leverett Cup : Adam Footitt (SRGC) 76 + 68 = 144
- 2nd place : Paul Hodgkin (Ramsey GC) 75 + 74 = 149
- 3rd place : Niall Doubleday (SRGC) 78 + 75 = 153
- 4th place : Steve Greenfield (SRGC) 76 + 78 = 154
- AM Gross after adjustments : Glenn Cripps (Ramsey GC) 76
- PM Gross after adjustments : Lee Bonney (Royston GC) 76
- Nett results
- Jim Butler Cup : Adam Footitt (SRGC) 74 + 66 = 140 nett
- 1st place : Ollie Wright (Ramsey GC) 76 + 66 = 142 nett
- 2nd place : James Taylor-Alford (Brampton Park GC) 74 + 69 = 143 nett
- 3rd place : Simon Mulvey (SRGC) 73 + 72 = 145 nett
- 4th place : Sam Austin (SRGC) 73 + 72 = 145 nett
- AM Nett after adjustments : Liam Gales (SRGC) 69 nett
- PM Nett after adjustments : Andy Jackson (SRGC) 71 nett
Prizes for visitors who were unable to stay for the presentations may be claimed by contacting our Pro shop (01476-530218) where an account to the value of your prize has been opened in your name, this includes winners of the various nearest the pin prizes, shown below :-
- 3rd hole nearest the pin for 10-22 handicappers : Adam Knight (Nene Park GC)
- 7th hole nearest the pin for 0-9 handicappers : Tom Rawson (SRGC)
- 11th hole nearest the pin in 2 for 10-22 handicappers : Roger Tacq (Ramsey GC)
- 12th hole nearest the pin for 10-22 handicappers : Sav Fasulo (Peterborough Milton GC)
- 15th hole nearest the pin in 2 for 0-9 handicappers : Cliff Miles (Ramsey GC)
- 17th hole nearest the pin for 0-9 handicappers : Josh Muir (Ramsey GC)
Full results for all rounds can be seen from the links below :-
Thank you to everyone who contributed on the day including Angus & Matt in the Pro shop, Rod Rawson for his sterling efforts as starter through the whole day and Peter Gill for running the successful raffle. We look forward to seeing many of you again at future events, our course with it's excellent drainage is noted for it's playability thoughout the whole year, it's extremely rare to use temporary greens and snow is pretty much the only condition causing a closure.
SRGC Handicap & Competitions Chairman