The 2nd Seniors Pairs Better Ball Open took place on Wednesday 22nd July. The event was fully subscribed within 4 weeks of the launch early in January this year. With the support of effective Covid-19 guidelines and some great volunteers on the day, all 92 competitors enjoyed our course to the maximum. Specific thanks should go to Roger Nichols, Eddie Malloy, Malcolm Edwards, Mike Thornton, Graham Manton, Cliff Mills, Jim Price, Peter Gill and Dorne Werner for long spells out on the course and in particular to Don Werner the overall organiser of the event.
Winning scores :-
- Age Group 1
- 1st place nett : Andy Osborne (Woburn GC) & Ian Harrison (Wolstanton GC) 44 pts
- 2nd place nett : Brian Draper & Bob Fletcher (Elton Furze GC) 42 pts ocb
- 3rd place nett : Andrew Cork & Laine Connatty (Swaffham GC) 42 pts
- Age Group 2
- 1st place nett : Bob Norris & Malc Clark (SRGC) 44 pts
- 2nd place nett : Barry Coop & Larry Larsen (SRGC) 43 pts
- 3rd place nett : Phil Hewes & Mick Rance ( SRGC) 42 pts
- Nearest the Pin
- 3rd hole : Don Pennycook (SRGC) 219 cms
- 13th hole in 2 shots : Ian Bain (Greetham Valley GC) 56 cms
The SRGC Seniors Committeee hope everyone had a great day and look forward to welcoming as many as possible to next year's event.
SRGC Seniors Pairs Open Organiser