A fantastic turnout from 63 Visitors & 43 Members on Tuesday for the first of our Tuesday Summer Series Open Rollups. Heading the field with a clear margin was Liam Kelly from Elton Furze GC with 43 points, some way in front of two more Visitors and then some SRGC Members. The course was in fabulous condition as our Members know, and many Visitors have already fed back that they had a great day with us despite the lack of Clubhouse facilities.
SRGC are pleased to announce that due to the high turnout we have retrospectively increased the number of prize vouchers awarded from 3 to 5 and also increased the total value of prize vouchers for each event from £120 to £200, along with an increase in the value of the Order of Merit voucher from £175 to £225 for the series winner.
Winning scores :-
- 1st place nett : Liam Kelly (Elton Furze GC) 43 points playing off 18
- 2nd place nett : Michael Green (Belton Park GC) 39 points playing off 3
- 3rd place nett : Paul Thwaites (Greetham Valley GC) 38 points (back 9 c/b) playing off 10
- 4th place nett : Ian Thomas (SRGC) 38 points playing off 16
- 5th place nett : James Delplanque (SRGC) 37 points (back 9 cb) playing off 5
The Order of Merit is as shown in the above document, the winner receiving 20 points, 2nd 19, 3rd 18 down to 15th with 6 points and all other players receiving 5 points each.
The next event in the series is on Tuesday 21st July, Visitors & Members are advised to reserve their places early via the online entry process on our website or by contacting the SRGC Pro Shop on 01476-530218.
We look forward to welcoming many of you again soon.
SRGC Handicap & Competitions Chairman