Seventy three players turned out in pretty good conditions on Sunday competing for the Wright Cup (0-18) & Roberts Cup (19-28). Eighteen players were at level or better showing that good scores are certainly possible thanks to the hard work of our Greens staff keeping the course in great condition.
Two outstanding scores, one from each Division, Andy Jackson taking the Wright Cup, Overall Winner & Division #1 1st nett with a score of 64 nett, and Max Braime taking the Roberts Cup & Division #2 1st nett with a score of 66 nett.
Winning scores :
- Overall Winner : Andy Jackson 72 - 8 = 64 nett
- Best Gross : Adam Footitt 71 gross
- Wright Cup (0-18) (61 players)
- 1st place nett : Andy Jackson 72 - 8 = 64 nett
- 2nd place nett : Matt Owen 73 - 6 = 67 nett
- 3rd place nett : Stephen Hutchings 81 - 13 = 68 nett (back 9 c/b)
- Roberts Cup (19-28) (12 players)
- 1st place nett : Max Braime 94 - 28 = 66 nett
- 2nd place nett : Stephen Boles 89 - 20 = 69 nett (back 9 c/b)
- 3rd place nett : Bill Duke 95 - 26 = 69 nett
Looking at the split of players by Division I think next year we may revert to the standard of 0 - 12 & 13 - 28 for the two Divisions, either that or we need a lot more of our higher handicappers to enter please!!
The 2s club was shared by 8 separate players, with Gareth Sharp earning a double share for his eagle on 13, single share was worth £7.67 and has already been credited to player's Competition Wallets.
Prizes for the above and many other competitions during March & April will be presented on Friday 3rd May, starting at 19:30, the evening will also feature a quiz and food which ideally should be pre ordered with Tracy please to allow her to get an idea of numbers to cater for.
Handicap & Competitions Chairman