A blustery day but dry apart from a brief period during the afternoon, 91 players competed for the Wright (0-15 h'cap) & Roberts Cups (> 15 h'cap). Josh Green may have lost the overall winner position on a back 9 countback but he earned himself an Exceptional Scoring Reduction for his recent good performances, this takes Josh down to 22.7, a 5 shot reduction since we restarted QCs at the end of June.
Winning scores :-
- Overall winner : Roger Green 81 - 15 = 66 (back 9 c/b)
- Best gross : Ian Braime 71 (back 9 c/b)
- Division #1 (71 players)
- 1st place nett : Roger Green 81 - 15 = 66
- 2nd place nett : Jimmy Jackson 81 - 14 = 67
- 3rd place nett : Wayne Catt 76 -8 = 68 (back 9 c/b)
- Division #2 (20 players)
- 1st place nett : Josh Green 91 - 25 = 66
- 2nd place nett : Sam Carter 87 - 19 = 68
- 3rd place nett : Adrian Stannard 87 - 18 = 69
It's obvious looking at the numbers entered for each cup that we need to rebalance the split of handicaps, so in 2021 this revert to the standard 0-12 & 13-54 levels.
The 2s club was shared by 8 players.
Two more trophy competitions next weekend with the MDJ Salver (Stableford) on Saturday and the Bob Cullington Memorial (Medal) on Sunday.
On Bank Holiday Monday we have the Mixed Fourball Open, there are a small number of places available for what is a very popular event, Craig & Penny Hallam will be defending the title they've won for the last 2 years, can anyone beat them?
Don't forget about entering the Brashaw, Carvath & Collingwood Cups in the Pro shop! The Brashaw & Collingwood pairings must be formed from close family members, specific details for these and all other competitions are in the competition booklet you can see by following this link, you'll need to be logged in to see the document.
Handicap & Competitions Chairman