Thirty five players walked off the excess turkey in the XMAS Par/Bogey on a calm and dry day, the course holding up well against the recent weather attack. Harry Stannard played perhaps the best round of his relatively short golfing life to come in +8 playing off his handicap of 10, I actually played with him and it could have been even better as two putts of less than 2 feet each were missed. Another notable score came from Jeff Purdy who shot a gross 71 to be +4.
Winning scores :-
- Overall winner : Harry Stannard +8 playing off 10
- Best gross : Adam Footitt -1 playing off 1
- Division #1 (21 players)
- 1st place nett : Harry Stannard +8 playing off 10
- 2nd place nett : Jeff Purdy +4 playing off 5
- 3rd place nett : Tom Greenfield +2 (back 9 c/b) playing off 10
- Division #2 (14 players)
- 1st place nett : Mark Swatton +3 (back 9 c/b) playing off 21
- 2nd place nett : Phil White +3 playing off 13
- 3rd place nett : Sam Carter +1 playing off 24
Prize vouchers are paid immediately at this time of year so these have been credited to your competition wallets.
The 2s club was worth £7.00 each paid out to 5 players and credited to your competition wallets.
Next Saturday the course is closed for shooting until 12:00 so we have a 12:15 shotgun start, teams of 3 required, only a couple of places left now as we can't accommodate a maximum field for this one.
Handicap & Competitions Chairman